The demand for good video production is at an all time high. Even with the increasing supply of marketing videos, social media content, and the overwhelming amount of entertainment options on streaming services, the demand for good video continues to rise.
When it comes to marketing, there are many benefits good video provides, namely
- Rank higher in search results
- Boost email open rates,click-through rates, and conversions
- Increase backlinks
- Increase traffic to your site or store
- Share your message in the way people want to receive it…people want to watch good videos!
- Increase social media engagement and shares
- Measure audience engagement with the video…receive valuable analytics from video
- Influence buying decisions
There are many articles, studies, and statistics that illustrate the power of these benefits for marketers, social influencers, and entertainers. For example, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. Including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate (Insivia). So for now, we won’t dive deeper into the statistics for each benefit. Instead, let’s explore the last benefit listed above, and why video is such a powerful medium for influencing buying decisions.
Perhaps the simplest way to understand why video is so effective at influencing buying decisions is to analyze how it lines up with the rhetorical triangle, the age-old paradigm for categorizing the appeals and art of persuasion.
- Pathos. This is listed first for a reason. Emotion is the driving force behind almost all our decisions. Sure, we like to think we’re not overly emotional, and primarily logical beings, but it’s very difficult, if not impossible, to persuade somebody to do something they don’t want to do, or don’t like to do, even if it makes sense to do it.
Stories are extremely powerful at conveying emotion and personal connection, and video is one of the most effective mediums for sharing stories in a powerful and memorable way.
- Ethos. Trust is central to every important decision or purchase. A creative, well-produced video is extremely effective at building credibility and establishing trust. The tone and style of a video implicitly tell your viewer who you are, what’s important to you, what you stand for, and why you’re worthy of their time, trust, and business.
- Logos. Once you’ve won their hearts and their trust, your clients will still want the deal to make sense. Video is perhaps the best way to simplify complex explanations, with the proper use of animation, motion design, infographics, visual effects, and other memorable visual executions. In addition, when given the choice, people most often prefer to watch an explanation rather than read it because it’s easier on the brain…it puts the work on the side of the video, allowing the viewer to quickly and passively learn. Using video to persuade your viewer’s brain really is a no-brainer (cheesy pun intended).
Why Crew Pictures? | Our Approach
Our marketing videos move the needle more effectively and yield a higher return on investment because our approach is in sync with the rhetorical triangle, leading to videos that are more persuasive and effective.
What sets us apart is our detailed approach and processes within that triangle, that enable us to offer our clients the right creative, with the right crew, for the right cost.
- Creativity (campaigns and concepts centered on emotional appeal)
- Our approach to creative briefs is unique and different in that we begin by asking: what emotion(s) will motivate the viewer to better decisions, a better lifestyle, and a stronger relationship with you, your company, your product?
- We center our creative brief around ideas that convey these emotions in an authentic, genuine, and honest way. Please note upfront that we will only accept honest, positive messaging, and refuse to work on sleazy, manipulative, or misleading campaigns.
- Crew (we work with a vetted, diverse network of talented freelancers and crew members who build our credible, trustworthy appeal)
- We assemble the right crew for the right creative, ensuring the ideas are executed by the right directors, cinematographers, editors, etc.
- Our diverse, worldwide network gives you access to more styles, skill-sets, and specialists, increasing creative and production possibilities.
- Cost (we keep production budgets focused on your ROI, and tailor our ideas and crew to yield higher returns)
- Our diverse crew of freelancers gives you access to more options and rates.
- We offer monthly and quarterly plans (based on your yearly budget). This allows us to evaluate and adapt production throughout the year, rather than a one-and-done production.
- We offer marketing support to measure video analytics, pivoting where needed to increase your ROI.
By working with Crew Pictures and focusing on the right emotional impact with the right creativity, the right crew who can execute it, and the right production costs needed to move the needle, you’ll be accessing the real power of video, effectively sharing your product, your service, your story with the world.